This whole journey is amazing, and crazy, and humbling, but you might have already figured that... each of our journeys is so. And our great God knows how to lead each of us in a way so that we will follow, and lean on Him.
Here are some Praises and Prayer Requests!
Praises:
I have received my certification from ACSI (Association of Christian Schools Intl)! This was needed so that I could teach in the school in Cayes. It also means that I can teach in any Christian school who accepts their certification...
Things sometimes work a little backwards, but I received my official invite to join WorldTeam's Haiti field. I knew I would be going there, but it is official now. :-)
Thanks to all of you who are willing to pray, I have over 50 prayer supporters now! (WorldTeam had asked me to let them know when I hit that mark, hence its significance.) But considering that I started even asking folks about a month ago, I think that is pretty awesome, and a testament to God's provision for all things!
Prayer Requests:
I will be looking for full time work since it will be about a year until I move to Haiti. And we all know what the job market looks like right now... but working two jobs (though I am thankful for them) has been physically hard to keep up with (to stay well in the process). I would love to use that teaching certificate I now have if God wills it, but I'd be happy in an office job, too. Just please pray that God will lead me right to where I need to be.
Most of you know that I am planning to go to Haiti with CrossRoad Church in May for about a week. This trip will also, near its close, function as what WorldTeam calls my Vision Trip, where I meet with the team members there, and I will also hopefully get to spend some time in my future classroom. Normally I would have to take a separate trip, but thanks to God, the circumstances are such that I will save that extra money and time off from work! (That is a Praise, too!)
However, here is the prayer request. We leave for Haiti May 20, a mere three weeks from today. As of Monday, I had 10% of my support in for the trip. So please pray that God will provide. I know his timing is perfect: never early, never late, always just in time. At the same time, I hate that the status of my account is probably stressing some people out... But God hears our prayers, so please pray that God will work it out! And if you would like to help, great! Let me know! For those of you who are not able to help, I am only asking you to pray, and I thank you for your prayers! And for those of you who have already helped along this journey, all I can say is thank you for sowing into the Kingdom!
Well folks, I hope to see many of you soon (some I know I will see sooner than others...). Blessings, and thank you again for your prayers!
Also, please let me know how I can pray for you! Some of you have already shared some things with me, and I am praying for you. It is the very least that I can do to serve you, and I am honored to do it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment