Click the banner above to go to World Team's website!

Sunday, May 22, 2011

Mission:Haiti Email Update MAY 2011

From the teacher’s desk:
Mission:Haiti – Geri Bass 05/22/2011
The Countdown:

99 Days until school starts at the Cite Lumiere Christian School!















Summer is just getting kicked off here in Florida, but my mind is already thinking of the adventure to come when I take on the school’s middle grades August 29th. It is GO TIME, and everything in my life is pointing toward preparation for teaching this awesome group of students.


The Latest on:
As of now, one time funding is at 81%! We are almost there! For the one time costs to be fully funded, only $2,414 needs to come in! PRAISE GOD, and thanks for your prayers and generosity already in this area. Please consider giving to close the gap to 100%!

Monthly Pledges – Where they stand
Currently, people have committed to 30%, almost a third of the support needed each month! Several more have verbally committed to give, as well. I’ve had really encouraging conversations with people who are praying hard for God to get me on the way to Haiti! In 99 days, I need to be 100% funded. 70% still needs to come in.


Please pray and ask God,

“What is my part to play?”

I hope that you will be obedient to His call, whether to pray, share, or give.

Monthly Pledges – by the numbers

Amount

Goal

Total

$200

1 church

$200

$100

3 people

$300

$50

15 people

$750

$30

10 people

$300

$25

10 people

$250

$20

10 people

$200

$15

10 people

$150

$10

10 people

$100

$5

7 people

$35

$2.50

5 people

$12.50

Totals

80 people

$2,297.50



Already, people are embracing the vision for Mission:Haiti – but I need your help to be 100% funded!
Would you prayerfully consider what your part is in Mission:Haiti?


Praises
  • 5% gain in monthly pledges in one week!
  • Learning so much during my long term music subbing job.
  • Amazing, supportive, encouraging friends and family.

Prayer Requests
  • Monthly pledge support to reach the required level by the end of May, in order to attend TCK-PFO training for 2 weeks in June/July.
  • Transitions in all areas of my life.
  • For me to get connected to the people God has in mind to be a part of Mission:Haiti.
  • Finances and job situation. (Subbing ends 6/10, and my income will be reduced over the summer.)
  • For my family to continue to grow closer to Jesus.

Thank you!

27 people have decided to partner with me on a monthly basis. Over 100 people have helped financially on the journey. Countless others are interceding fervently for God’s will to be reality in Mission:Haiti. Thank you for each prayer, encouraging word, story shared, and dollar given.This wouldn’t be happening without you.



Supporter Stories

When you decide to partner with Mission:Haiti, you are not just writing a check. You are along for the journey. Some of my current partners have shared their thoughts with me, and I wanted to share them with you!

"I have had the privilege of growing up with Geri through our college and young adult years- and I have always seen her heart for Haiti. She has prepared herself for years for the opportunity to teach there - and at the same time, the Cite Lumiere Christian School has an opportunity that needs to be filled. I know that Geri is a serious missionary that has a purpose in Haiti and am glad to support her."

“She has such a heart for the people of Haiti, and she has opened my eyes to the tremendous needs of that country, as well as the spirit of its people. I really believe in what she is doing, and I am honored to be a part of it. It has been a deeply rewarding experience helping her prepare as a missionary -- spiritually, emotionally, and financially as well. As I have watched her grow, I've noticed I've done some growing of my own!”

“The reason I wanted to help Geri out is because of her passion for the people of Haiti. She has spoken before about being an advocate for those who cannot speak for themselves.”




Indeed, my life mission statement reads as follows:
“Placing myself in the service of others to benefit the last, the least, the forgotten and the lost; leveraging influence and skill set on behalf of the voiceless.”
Only with your help can I be equipped to live out this mission statement by serving the people of Haiti and the children of the Cite Lumiere Christian School. I believe God can do it, if people will pray and ask God what their part is. For the cost of a latte, or a night at the movies, you can affect the next generation of Haitian leaders who will be in my class.

Will you join me?

-Geri

1 comment:

Beverly said...

Hi, Geri,
I just saw your page on Facebook. I taught MK's at Cite Lumiere back in the early 70's, three and a half of the best years of my life.
Do you live in Florida? I will pray for you as you go even though I can't give anything atthis time.