Click the banner above to go to World Team's website!

Thursday, January 27, 2011

Prayer Requests - Answered!

SO - these are my most recent prayer requests...

I don't know what you think about prayer, and if it works, but I know that prayer is powerful. Here are four reasons why:


Request 1. Figuring out what work looks like as the year progresses and Haiti gets closer.

God is providing in an awesome way for everything to come together, work-wise. It appears to be set up for a smooth transition, and my employers are supporting and encouraging me as I move closer to getting to Haiti!

Request 2. Continued spiritual growth and challenge, and that I’d draw closer to God in this season.

I hadn't really considered it, but the spiritual renewal I have been experiencing consistently has been since about the first week of the year. Which was when I posted this prayer request. Coincidence? I don't believe in those... :-)

Request 3. An increase in monthly pledge commitments.

At an increasing percentage, people are getting involved with Mission:Haiti! And the people who want to partner are sometimes coming out of nowhere, and even approaching me! It has made it obvious to me that I clearly am not the One calling the shots on this. :-)

Request 4. For my family. :-)

This request was intentionally vague, for a lot of reasons. But God knows what all this includes. And I have seen fruit and change in several areas.


So, in conclusion, if you are on the fence, or think that prayer is hokum, I think you should test God in this. I mean, He is NOT Santa Claus, but if you are praying for things which are in line with God's desires, then He will be faithful to bring them to pass. So, what do you have to lose? Regardless of what you are praying about, you have the potential to grow closer to the God of the universe! Sounds like a win/win to me!

-Geri

No comments: