Click the banner above to go to World Team's website!

Saturday, January 8, 2011

First Mission:Haiti Update of 2011!

Hi everybody – this is Geri Bass with your first Mission:Haiti update of 2011!

Check out this two minute video first:

http://vimeo.com/18557582


I want to invite you to join me for a special event coming up soon!

To commemorate the 1st anniversary of the January 12th earthquake, there will be a 5K Walk in Riverside on Saturday morning January 15. It is free to walk with us! Here is the link to register: http://www.haafa.org/walk-for-haiti/

See you there!


Conversations with the CLCS

I wanted to share with you about a recent conversation with Karen, a teacher at the Cite Lumiere Christian School (CLCS). She shared that another teacher is working on joining the school. I’m excited, too, because I hope to teach high school math as well as the middle school students. Check out Karen’s site here: http://clcslescayeshaiti.shutterfly.com/

She has lots of great pictures like this one:


Your prayers are vital to this ministry. Thank you so much for partnering with me in prayer.

Praise:

1. Mission: Haiti hit 50% on One Time Expenses!

2. Really awesome family and God time during all of the holidays.

3. I experienced rest and renewal over Christmas break.

4. My awesome accountability team who is walking this with me every step of the way!

5. Found a place to live with no lease and reasonable rent!

Prayer:

1. Figuring out what work looks like as the year progresses and Haiti gets closer.

2. Continued spiritual growth and challenge, and that I’d draw closer to God in this season.

3. An increase in monthly pledge commitments.

4. For my family. :-)


Partnership Development

UPDATE:

  • Working closely with World Team, I was able to trim my original budget, cutting One Time Expenses by 47%.
  • Based on giving to this point, I am projecting a target date of July 2011.
  • This month marked an exciting milestone! Mission: Haiti hit 50% in One Time Expenses!
  • Monthly pledges are at about 17%.
  • All pledges have to reach 100% before I can leave for Haiti.
  • Please consider becoming a part of Mission: Haiti through prayers and financial support so that the school is fully staffed this Fall. I’d love for you to be a part of the team.
  • Here is a link to World Team’s giving options page – please note any gift with Geri Bass: Haiti. http://worldteam.org/?page_id=302
  • Remember: all of you who are giving monthly right now – your money goes towards my One Time Expenses and will continue to build up there until it is time for me to begin living on monthly contributions.

Thank you so much for being a part of this journey with me! I thank God repeatedly for your encouragement, prayers and partnership, and belief that God’s call is worth sowing into.
Blessings,
Geri

My life mission statement:

“Placing myself in the service of others to benefit the last, the least, the forgotten and the lost; leveraging influence and skill set on behalf of the voiceless.”

No comments: