Today, while driving, I lost control of my car coming off an exit ramp I've driven literally thousands of times. I still can't figure out what exactly happened, but it was probably a combination of things. I went over a curb rather than fully turning into the merge lane, and my car went across a couple of lanes before I had control and could pull off to make sure that the car (and I) were both okay.
The lanes I went across were University Blvd, in between I-95 and Philips Hwy (US-1). This is already a busy area, during any time of day, and this happened at the beginning of lunch time. It is RARE to come off of that exit and not have to fight traffic to get over to the left lane.
But, today, as my car went over the curb, and my brain grasped what was happening, I looked out of my window (perhaps to look impending disaster in the face?). And...there was nothing. There were no cars as far as I could see. I was able to safely slow the car and cross back all the way to the right lane so that I could pull over.
Once I took a couple of minutes to check the car and calm myself, I pulled back on the road. I was immediately in traffic at the nearest red light - the one which had been deserted minutes before.
I am fine and the car seems to be okay (other than needing tires, which I am getting next week-ish).
I just keep thinking, "God, I could have died today! Thank you for preserving my life. Thank you for my life."
I have said to many people asking about my safety in Haiti, "I am safer in the middle of the will of God while serving in Haiti (or anywhere, for that matter) than I would be while not in the will of God, sitting on my mom's living room couch."
That is not to say that I am impervious to hurt, pain, or suffering. And when those come, I will do all that I can to lean on God to see me through, so He can use those events to draw me even closer to Him.
But events like what I experienced today serve to remind me that God has called me to where I am, and where I am headed. He is not finished with me yet.
So, if you have been praying for me, in any capacity, thanks. God chose today to preserve my life. I'm pretty excited about that. :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment